Saturday, March 12, 2011

GRANDPARENTS DAY

Being a grandparent is one of the greatest joys of my life.  I love each and everyone of my grandkids and understand fully the saying, "If I knew how great it was going to be having grandkids I would have had them first".  

On Thursday I had the privelege of attending what would probably be my last grandparents day, for Olivia.   Grandpa had to attend the funeral of a very close friend so I was the only one who could go.

It was such fun to watch her march in and take her place on the platform.  She spotted her other set of grandparents, her great-grandparents, and myself before the singing even started.  Of course we were waving, taking pictures and making ourselves look foolish along with a large room of other grandparents doing the same thing.

Oli sang her songs  and then was released to show her grandparents to the cookies and then her classroom.  She was very proud to be the center of attention and of course we were more than happy to do our part.

Oli is growing up so fast and will probably be my last grandchild.    Parents miss having babies but so do grandparents.  Maybe I'll just have to volunteer at one of the children's hospitals someday.  You know, the ones where people just come in a rock new-borns.   Sounds like that would be a hard job now, wouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment