Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cleaning Out

Saturday Sidney and I spent our day at an auction hoping to get a sleep number bed.  We won the auction bid, but not only did we get the bed but it came with a large dresser and two side tables.  I immediately started to think about how I could fit all of this into one bedroom.  The only way this can be done is if I move some of the other furniture out and clean out some things that are not used anymore.

One thing has led to another and almost every drawer or storage area in all three bedrooms has been cleaned out and rearranged.  In the process of doing this I had to sort through 3 drawers full of pictures.  Baby pictures, school pictures, wedding pictures, grandkid's pictures, and the list goes on.  Going through all of these pictures was bittersweet.  I just loved looking at my three little boys, Dale, Jason, and Scott.  There were a few posed pictures but most of ours family snapshots were full of wrestling, making faces, playing outside or just silly pics.  It brought back so many memories.

Later the pictures of my daughter-in-laws were added, and then the grandbabies!  How I love my family.  They can always bring a smile to my face as I look through the stages of their lives.  Treasure the moments.  They vanish quickly!  I've been blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment