Saturday, August 27, 2011

Carnival "NO"/Crafting "YES"!

Oli and Andrew came to spend the night last night and I was trying to think of something new and fun for them to do.  There was a small carnival in Pevely that I thought might be fun.  While I couldn't spend a lot of money I offered them a set amount each and would let them spend it however they wanted at the carnival.  Grandpa or me would not be able to ride the rides with them but I still knew there would be games, cotton candy, and more.

I told them both if we went to the carnival we would have to come home and have a grilled cheese or something light for supper.  If they didn't want the carnival we would do our usual, go out to eat, go the the Dollar Tree, and come home to craft.

Actually I was surprised that they hardly had to think about the first choice.  Both said, "Go home to craft"!

Burger King seems to have become their favorite place to eat, with both having chicken fingers.  We followed this with our normal trip to the Dollar Tree.  They get to choose one thing and of course they both opted for candy.  With their years of wisdom they have found the toys at the Dollar Tree are "junk" but the candy is always good.

Once we reached home the craft table was set up, the construction paper, scissors, glue, and glitter came out of their special drawer, and the creating began!  We added a little spice this time by cutting from magazines and a wallpaper sample book.

We then made granola bars, melted chocolate and peanut butter to dip pretzles in, and then popped our nightly popcorn.  Olivia discovered that drizzling the peanut butter/chocolate mix over the popcorn was pretty tasty.  She was right!  You should try this.

We sorted through our favorite books, stories were read and then off to bed.  I heard the last sounds at 11:30pm.   A little later than planned but what can I say;  they were at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  These are precious years.   I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment